Before you can establish an online presence, you need to find the right web hosting service provider who is going to host your website, blog, web page or e-commerce website. Choosing the right web hosting company is not easy as there are a lot of different things you need to consider. Such as the tools that they can provide you to create your website, for example if it is your first time and you do not know which domain name to choose, do not worry, there are different providers that have tools such as "domain name generators" to help you select the one that best suits your needs. You also will need to determine your budget and then pick a provider who can meet those needs.
Once you will choose a provider, you need to understand that web hosting problems happen every day and this is something you can’t stop. There is no reason to panic as most of these problems can be easily solved.
In this article, we are going to present you the 4 most common hosting problems and how to solve them at the same time. One you will know more about these problems, you will be able to avoid them as well.
MOST COMMON HOSTING PROBLEMS
- The website is uploaded, but you can still see the “Coming Soon Page” - Yes, this is a very common problem and this can mean one of two things: either your web browser is loading an old version of your website or you uploaded your website to the wrong place on your web hosting. If loading an old version of the website is the problem, the solution is quite easy - all you need to do is clear the cache of your browser. There are many instructions on the web that will help you clear the cache. If uploading your website to the wrong place is the issue, we are talking about a more complicated problem. In this case, you need to check two things: you need to make sure you uploaded your site to the right folder on your web hosting and you need to ensure you uploaded an “index” file into that directory.
- The changes to your site aren’t showing - If the new changes and updates to your website aren’t displaying, don’t worry as this is a small problem and you can fix it by clearing your browser’s cache.
- Your website was up and now it is down - If you made any changes lately to your website, it is highly possible that those changes brought your website down. Besides the changes, there are two more reasons why your website is down:
- Your web hosting service provider is experiencing downtime as well. Get in touch with your host provider and find out what is the problem. If they know something, they will share it with you.
- Something with your domain changed. If this is the problem it is usually the DNS settings. If you don’t know how to solve this, again, get in touch with your hosting company and they will find a solution quickly.
- Your website does not show any of your photos - If you notice that your photos from your website are missing, there are two logical explanations for this: the photos failed to upload to your web hosting and you need to re-upload them. The other explanation is that the photos are in the wrong folder. In order to find out, just right-click the area where the photo should be on your site and select the option - open photo in a new tab. The new tab that automatically opens will display you the URL your site is using, so you need to move the photos into that directory and the problem is solved.
If you can’t fix something, call your web hosting service provider and ask for an assistance!
Something that a lot of people don’t realize is important the domain name of their website is. Since it is the first thing that your customers see, it is basically the first impression that anyone will get of not only your website, but also of your business. So if you…
If you are someone that is considering starting a website or an online shop, then the first thing you need to know is that your domain name is one of the most important things about your website. It needs to be catchy, unique and creative and suit your business perfectly.…
Registering the perfect domain name is one of the most important, but also potentially the most difficult task you will have when you finally decide to create your website. And whether it is a personal or travel blog, or a website for your business or online store, there are a…